We have been involved in the field of Building Analysis for over 18 years, and are certified in the field of Infrared Thermal Imaging. We travel to various facilities conducting Thermal Analysis and Condition Monitoring on mechanical and electrical equipment. These facilities include hospitals, data centers, municipal wastewater treatment facilities and national shipping distribution centers.
Thermal Analysis is the non-contact, non-destructive science of interpreting various temperature differences between an object and its surroundings using infrared technology. Infrared thermal analysis can be applied to structural, mechanical and electrical systems.
Condition Monitoring is a comprehensive reporting and infrared thermal analysis program to assist you in managing your facility, reducing and planning repair time. Many insurers require an annual infrared thermal electrical and mechanical survey of their facility for reducing producition losses and increasing health and safety.
Our expertise can be applied in various ways, including:
Energy Analysis of your home or business building to assist in saving energy, by identifing areas of heat loss due to air intrusion, insulation voids and moisture entry.
Building Performance with particular applications in:
- detection of moisture intrusion
- evaluation of radiant floor heat
- detection of electrical issues
- use of Infrared Thermography in Building Forensics
Bill Schwahn, our senior thermal analyst has several certifications and ratings including:
Level III FLIR Certified Thermographer--this certification is earned through the extensive study, examination, and field testing specified by the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT), as administered by FLIR Industries, the international leader in infrared Thermal Analysis Technology. To maintain this certification and to insure that our clients receive professional thermographic evaluation, we attend many hours of Continuing Education in Infrared Thermography each year.
- Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Rater -- This rating allows us to evaluate the components of a home for compliance with the Energy Code Standards, a prerequisite for application for certain Tax Rebates, Energy Mortgages, and Energy Efficient Mortgages.
- Energy Star Verifier -- This rating is allows us to qualify homes for the NorthWestern EnergyEnergy Star Program.
- NAHB Green Verifier -- Designing energy efficient and sustainable homes for a healthy environment.
How Infrared USA has helped us
"Mr Schwahn's expertise has proven vital in developing energy efficient homes in this area. His recommendations and insights have saved my company substantial monies, in addition to providing my company with proven methods to build better homes for less money. I would not consider buying a home in Bozeman without the services of Mr. Schwahn to determine true energy performance."
Ed Adamson, Bozeman Building Traditions